Friday, September 16, 2016

EXCITING NEWS!



If you recognize this logo, then you're going to realize that I hit the jackpot! Amber Labau is a physical and digital scrapbook designer who is super talented. As some of you already know, designers put together groups of people to create with their products. These groups are called creative teams. So, Amber Labau put out a creative team call for her digital products a few weeks ago and on an impulse, I signed up. AND SHE PICKED ME! I was actually really surprised. Like, WOW! I'm an ok Project Lifer, and when it comes to scrapbooking, I almost exclusively scraplift. BUT SHE PICKED ME! YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!
Here is the full list of the team:
Amber added us all to her group on Facebook, and oh man, EVERYONE IS SO NICE! And creative! And supportive! I have to admit, I am having a great time and that means a lot because this is my first creative team. I hope you check out Amber's work at The Lilypad and her blog. If you go on her website, you're able to access the work of everyone on her creative team. When you do though, I have to warn you...you'll need a moment to prepare for awesomeness :)

The most recent collection to come out is Amber's Brave New World.


As you can see, it's just so pretty. So so pretty! It's so soft, sweet, and amazingly versatile! I wrote down a whole bunch of ideas for this collection and not all are baby related. This is a kit that I'm going to come back to, over and over again. What's great is that while I'm using this kit for non-baby purposes now, if I have a baby in the future, I can use it then too :)

To show how great this collection is, here is a project life spread I put together:



Oh come on! Everything is just so great! Ok, before we continue, I need to say something about this spread. This was put together digitally on photoshop. Everything was put together with cutting and pasting on CS4 and there were no physical products that touched my hands. Until I printed the individual cards and put them into plastic page protectors.




This is how everything looks in the physical form. Definitely taking pictures of project life and scrapbook spreads lowers the quality of the work. However, I love the physical form of memory keeping and I can't ever give it up :D

One more spread to show: 


The left side:


And the right side:


While I am showing you the physical version of this spread, I put together most of it digitally, printed out the pictures and cards, then added a few embellishments here and there. This spread was put together using Amber's Outer Limits collection. Again, so versatile! This collection is about space, but I was able to adapt it to my fiancĂ© and his nephew reading a train book together. 

So, when you have the chance, please congratulate me :) Then go check out Amber's blog and store at The Lilypad! You'll get to see her great stuff, and the work of far more talented people. I am so thankful to have been chosen for this team and I can't wait to grow with and learn from everyone!

Supplies Used:
Brave New World - Amber Labau
Outer Limits Papers - Amber Labau
Outer Limits Elements - Amber Labau
Tiny Attacher - Tim Holtz
Puffy Stars - Studio Calico
Page Protector 2A - Studio Calico
Page Protector 4A - Studio Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment